Are you properly maintaining your facility’s cooling towers? Cooling tower maintenance can not only help control biological growth, but it can also help improve equipment efficiency. Check out these cooling tower maintenance recommendations.
- Inspect towers monthly: Look for sediment, scale, and slime
- Clean tower basin surfaces: Use cooling tower vacuums to remove contaminants
- Treat Circulating Water: Use a biodegradable descaler and dose biocides at recommended levels
- Drain and clean tower: Perform a thorough cleaning annually
- Inspect and clean the fill: Tp help prevent and remove limescale and debris
These measures can not only help control biological growth, including Legionella, they can also help improve equipment efficiency and overall operation.